This article describes how to enable TCP port 1433 on the SQL server. This is required in order to successfully install Sophos Mobile Control (SMC).
During the setup of Sophos Mobile Control, an error might appear, saying that the connection to the database could not be established.
Known to apply to the following Sophos products and versions
Sophos Mobile Control
What to do
Connect to the server where the SQL Server is running.
- From the Start menu, open the "SQL Server Configuration Manager".
- Once the Management Console has opened, expand the "SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration" node.
- Select "Protocols for SQLEXPRESS".
- On the right side, right-click "TCP/IP" and select "Properties".
- In the "Protocol" tab, change the setting "Enabled" from "No" to "Yes".
- Open the "IP Addresses" tab.
- Edit the "TCP Port" field at the "IpAll" category by clicking into it.
- Enter "1433".
- Restart the "SQL Server" Service to apply the changes.
note: This is also valid for SQL Server 2008 (R2).