Copy the Windows registry entry on an uninfected computer with the same version of Windows as the infected computer (unless instructed otherwise). Copying the entry is best done using an account that has read-only access to the registry.
What to do
- At the uninfected computer, on the taskbar, click Start|Run.
- Type 'Regedit' and press Return. The registry editor opens.
- Browse to the entry you intend to copy.
- With that registry entry selected, on the Registry menu, click 'Export Registry File'.
- In the Export range panel, note where the file will be saved to, click 'Selected branch' and save the registry entry as SophReg.
- Close the registry editor.
- Browse to the folder containing the file SophReg and copy it to floppy disk.
- Write-protect the floppy disk.
Go to the affected computer and insert the floppy disk. Browse to the A: drive and double-click the file SophReg.
To import a key in Safe Mode Command Prompt only, move to the A: drive and type