SafeGuard Enterprise Device Encryption 5.x
Windows Vista, Windows XP SP2 Professional Edition
Windows 2003 Standard Edition
How to perform a boot from external media after POA?
- The BIOS of the computer must be set to the boot order of e.g. CD-ROM (first boot device), Hard Drive (second boot device) --> on some machines it is necessary to define it vice versa
- A Policy must allow "boot to external device" ("boot to hard disk only" set to NO) and must have been applied already.
- Have CD in the CD-ROM drive
- Press F9 (or F12 or option key to execute Boot Menu) -> depending on the BIOS of the machine this might also be a different key
- Select boot from hard drive
- The POA will come up, now login in with proper username and password
- Select 'Options' and choose 'Boot to External Media'
You will see SafeGuard loading. Press any key as soon as you see 'Boot from CD-ROM, press any key' message.
The system will now be booting to/from the external media now.
Keywords: WinPE post after