SafeGuard Easy multi-platform 4.5x
Windows 2000 Professional SP4, Windows XP SP2 Professional Edition
"Boot from external Media" (e.g. from a BartPE-CD) does not work after pressing "F7" in the PBA screen. What can be the cause?
As mentioned in the manual of SafeGuard Easy, it depends on the workstation’s BIOS if an emergency boot from CD can be performed successfully.
Possible reasons besides hardware-related ones are:
- The requirements have not been fulfilled. Please verify first that the right procedure has been followed --> see also the refering chapter in the manual of SafeGuard Easy
- The logged-on SafeGuard Easy user does not have the SafeGuard Easy right "Boot from external media allowed" (Please test with the "system" account)
- Hard disk drive en- or decryption has been started but is not finished yet.
- The Boot-order into the BIOS is not set correct
- An old BIOS version is used on the device
In case the above points do not apply to your computer, you can use the combination [SHIFT] + F7 in order to boot from external media as of version 4.50.4 of SafeGuard Easy. Alternatively, you can also use the WinPE-CD with integrated SafeGuard Easy filter drivers which is available within our knowledge base article 66019.
107019 - How to make a bootable BartPE CD with SGE drivers
107080 - Boot after PBA with other media than floppy disk
66019 - How to use the WinPE CD with integrated SafeGuard Easy logon tool
keywords: T300 T400 T500 X200 lenovo ibm Dell E-series