This article describes the options available to you in order to deploy Sophos Cloud managed software to your computers.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
What To Do
Determine the best method or methods to deploy to your users; the options are:
- Email deployment from Sophos Cloud
From Sophos Cloud, under ‘Users & Devices’ > ‘Users’ you can create a new Sophos Cloud user and email an installer by ensuring 'Email setup link' is checked'.
- The installers linked from the Sophos Cloud emails are specific to the emailed user and should only be run on devices that particular user needs to protect. This ensures that all logins on each device they protect are attributed to same Sophos Cloud user.
- Protecting mobile devices requires you to use the email deployment method. For more information on protecting mobile devices see article 120777.
- Custom email deployment
If you wish to customize a deployment email for your users or send an email to a distribution group, we recommend you use the non-user specific install links. These can be found under ‘Downloads'.
After the user installs the software using these links/installers, a new Sophos Cloud user will automatically be created in Sophos Cloud based on their logon name. This username can be edited as required to better reflect the user.
- Scripted installation
For deployment within an organisation or as part of a custom package the installers can be scripted. A typical use case would be installing via third-party deployment tools such as Microsoft SCCM or Active Directory. For more information see articles:
- Inclusion in an image
If required, the Sophos Cloud software can be included in an image. For guidance on performing this see the relevant article:
- If the Windows computers have one or more of the following components installed these will need to be removed before running the Sophos Cloud installer:
- Sophos Compliance Agent.
- Sophos Patch.
- Sophos Client Firewall.
- Sophos Encryption as managed by Enterprise Console.
- Sophos Anti-Virus, if the following components have been enabled on the computer:
- Web control.
- Data control.
- Application control.
- For details on how to remove Sophos products see article 118849.
- Common return codes from the Windows installer, see article 120449.