This article describes how to remove the corporate version of Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac.
- If you own the Mac computer but have previously received your installation of SAV for Mac from your company or university you may have been given the corporate version and hence this article may apply.
- The steps in this article do not apply to Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition (free version). To uninstall the Home Edition see this forum post or, alternatively, see article 121206 to download a removal tool.
Applies to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac OS X
What To Do
You will need to enter an administrator username and password to run the uninstaller.
- Make sure that an update is not currently being performed. You can check this by clicking the Sophos shield in the menu bar and ensuring 'Updating...' is not shown. Example:
If an update is currently in progress wait for it to complete before continuing.
- In a Finder window browse to Macintosh HD | Library | Sophos Anti-Virus.
- Double-click the file to remove Sophos Anti-Virus according to the version you have installed:
- Version 8 - 'Remove Sophos Anti-Virus.pkg'
- Version 9 - 'Remove Sophos Anti-Virus.app'
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: If you cannot locate the removal app see article 121206 and use the removal tool available for download there for the version you have installed.