This article explains how to configure wireless hotspots in UTM v9.
Known to apply to the following Sophos product(s) and version(s)
Sophos UTM v9
The Hotspot feature - overview
The new Hotspot feature allows, for example, cafés or hotels to provide time- and traffic-restricted Internet access to guests.
These types of Hotspots are possible:
- Password of the day: A new password will be created automatically once a day. The password will be available for the allowed users on the Hotspots tab in the User Portal, or can be configured to be automatically emailed to administrators.
- Voucher: With this hotspot type, in the User Portal, one-time tokens with different properties can be generated, printed, and provided to customers. After entering the code, the customers can then directly access the Internet.
What To Do
To configure a Wireless Hotspot on your UTM, in the WebAdmin go to Wireless Protection | Hotspots, and then do the following:
- On the Global tab:
- Enable the feature.
- Add the user accounts which should be allowed to create vouchers.
- On the Hotspot Tab:
- Enter the name of the hotspot.
- In 'Interface:', Add the interfaces which are to be allowed to use the hotspot.
- In 'Hotspot Type:', Select the type you want to configure.
- Password creation time (only with Hotspot type Password of the day): The assigned time of the day at which the new password will be created. At this time the former password will immediately become invalid and current sessions will be cut off.