Sophos Anti-Virus reports that the scanning of memory has failed and returns error 0xa0040202. Additional errors may be displayed:
Virus Scan Results: Sophos Anti-Virus, Unexpected error: Unknown error: 0xa0040202
and when you check the log file SAV.txt, located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Virus\logs\ it may display a message similar to:
Scanning "Memory" returned SAV Interface error 0xa0040202: Scan failed
What to do
- From a Command Prompt run the command:
- In the output look for an entry called 'SKMScan'.
- If this driver does not exist browse to the AutoUpdate cache:
- On Windows 2000, XP, and 2003: C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\savxp\drivers\i386\
- On Windows Vista, 2008, and Win7: C:\ProgramData\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache\savxp\drivers\i386\
- Right click on SKMScan.inf and select 'Install'.
- Once the installation is complete, open services.msc.
- Locate the 'Sophos Anti-Virus' service, and restart it.